- WKN: A2YN90
- ISIN: DE000A2YN900
- Land: Deutschland
Nachricht vom 01.02.2021 | 09:07
TeamViewer AG: New study shows TeamViewer solutions help to avoid 37 megatons of CO2 emissions per year
DGAP-News: TeamViewer AG
/ Key word(s): Sustainability
New study shows TeamViewer solutions help to avoid 37 megatons of CO2 emissions per year
- A new carbon emission avoidance study conducted by leading sustainability institute DFGE shows the positive impact of using TeamViewer's remote connectivity solutions in combatting climate change.
- 37 megatons of CO2 equivalents (CO2e) represent a fully booked A380 flying 7,000 times non-stop from Singapore to New York or the emissions of 11 million average cars in one year.
- TeamViewer solutions are playing a critical role in helping organisations globally to avoid CO2e emissions and thus contribute towards meeting the sustainability goals to limit global warming preferably to 1.5 degrees Celsius outlined in the Paris Climate Agreement.
Goppingen, February 1st, 2021 - A new study conducted by the renowned sustainability experts of the DFGE research institute shows that TeamViewer, a global leader in secure remote connectivity solutions, is enabling companies to limit their carbon footprint and thus contributes to avoid approx. 37 megatons of CO2 equivalent (CO2e) emissions per year. Through the use of TeamViewer technology to remotely maintain or repair machines, monitor networks and access computers and other devices, distances across the globe can be bridged easily and traveling from one place to another becomes unnecessary in many cases. Based on data from 2019 and calculations from 2020, a single connection via TeamViewer can avoid 13 kilograms of CO2e emissions on average - the equivalent to 5.5 liters of gasoline or driving a car from Birmingham to Nottingham. The new data also shows that an average TeamViewer subscriber avoids approx. 4 tons of CO2e per year which is as much as a 100,000 km train ride - or 2.5 times around the world. The use of TeamViewer's innovative solutions is reducing the travel distance of TeamViewer users and subscribers worldwide by millions of kilometers each year as more and more tasks can be performed from afar.
Dr. Thomas Dreier, VP Innovation & Solutions and Co-Founder DFGE, says: "Carbon footprint accounting builds the basis for sustainability. Especially product carbon footprints are very complex projects as production, usage, maintenance, and disposal need to be considered. We were very excited to accompany TeamViewer's efforts with investigating user habits in-depth and their effects on CO2 emissions."
A central part of the detailed study was a voluntary, anonymous online survey, conducted between October and November 2020 among users of TeamViewer. The 1,007 participants were almost evenly distributed across EMEA, APAC and AMERICAS, around 60% were paying customers, the other participants were private non-commercial users.
...the emissions of 11 million cars on average per year - more cars than registered in the Netherlands.
The results show: Technology enabling digitalisation does play an important role in limiting carbon emissions and thus in achieving the sustainability goals to limit global warming preferably to 1.5 degrees Celsius defined in the Paris Climate Agreement. TeamViewer is conscious of the huge positive impact its solutions have on the environment and thrives to develop more use cases for a wide range of industries and applications to bridge distances, remove knowledge gaps and enable even more people globally to limit CO2e emissions.
Please visit our homepage for more information. Here you can also find a short, animated video which summarises the findings of the study: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/co2-study/
|Phone:||+49 7161 97200 81|
|Fax:||+49 7161 60692 335|
|Listed:||Regulated Market in Frankfurt (Prime Standard); Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange|
|EQS News ID:||1164667|
|End of News||DGAP News Service|
Event im Fokus
10. Juni 2021:Fachkonferenz Immobilien
14./15. Juli 2021: Fachkonferenzen Beteiligungsgesellschaften & Consumer/Leisure
13./14. Oktober 2021: Fachkonferenzen Finanzdienstleistungen/Technologie
10./11. November 2021: Fachkonferenzen Software/IT & Branchenmix
„Je nach aktueller Covid-19 Situation und den bestehenden Vorschriften für Versammlungen entscheidet sich ca. 5 Wochen vor dem Termin, in welcher Form die Konferenzen stattfinden.“
Kaufen: Aspermont Limited hat Turnaround abgeschlossen
Der AKTIONÄR News
18. September 07:00 Fashionette-CEO: „Wir haben ideale Voraussetzungen, um – profitabel – ...
18. September 07:00 JPMorgan und Bank of America: „Kauft Green-Tech-Aktien“ – diese ...
18. September 07:00 Top-Tipp Derivate: Wie geschmiert
18. September 06:00 Nach Plug Power, Nynomic, Nvidia und Enphase – das ist der nächste ...
17. September 21:18 Nasdaq 100 mit größtem Verlust seit Mai – der Tag an der Wall Street
News im Fokus
Vonovia SE: Vonovia verkauft Berliner Wohnungsbestände aus dem Zukunfts- und Sozialpakt Wohnen
17. September 2021, 12:40
Cantor Global Healthcare Conference Fireside Chat
30. September 2021
Original-Research: CR Capital AG (von First Berlin Equity Research GmbH): Buy
17. September 2021